Hey there, beautiful! Are you ready to level up the game of your skincare? Or, simply put, are you prepared to make your skin shine like never before? Well, we are not introducing a new product but sharing a made-in-heaven combination of vitamin C and sunscreen. This dynamic duo stands out among the rest of the skincare products. Vitamin C with sunscreen is the ultimate team that protects your skin from harmful sun radiation and works wonderfully on your skin’s health and glow.
This power couple, yes, we are calling it that, will change your skin game. Vitamin C is a super source of antioxidants that protects and repairs the skin, and sunscreen is your warrior protecting your skin from sun damage. Let’s see how vitamin C for sun protection benefits your skin, why they are the ultimate power couple, and why you need to add them to your skincare routine now.
Vitamin C: The spectacular antioxidant
Before we move any further, let’s see what an antioxidant is. You must have heard about the benefits of antioxidants for your skin and body. What it exactly does to your skin is to neutralise free radicals. Technically speaking, free radicals are unstable oxygen molecules without electrons paired to them, which can damage the skin cells. Indeed, this is not the chemistry you look forward to studying here!
Vitamin C is also known as ascorbic acid, a potent antioxidant that plays a crucial role in maintaining your skin health. Ascorbic acid has proved effective in reducing the effect of free radicals on the skin. This protects the skin from damaging collagen, which causes premature skin ageing. The signs of premature skin ageing are visible as fine lines and wrinkles. Collagen is an essential protein for maintaining skin elasticity and firmness. Vitamin C not only protects skin collagen but also promotes its production. Protection and promotion – a double benefit!
What comes more with improved skin elasticity, reduced signs of skin ageing, and glow? With vitamin C sunscreen, you provide your skin with the necessary nutrients to combat environmental stressors, pollution, and UV damage. Result? A brighter, healthier skin with an even more skin tone and youthful, radiant complexion.
SPF: The UV radiation protector
In some dire cases, the obvious harms of sun exposure are suntan, redness, sunburn, and skin cancer. Applying sunscreen to protect the skin from such damage is also obvious. Do you know that UV rays have some deeper effects on your skin? These are fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation, and sagging skin, often blamed on ageing skin. These are the early signs or signs of premature skin ageing caused by UV exposure. Now, the next time you pick vitamin C sunblock, you know what to look for!
A potent SPF is a protective barrier, shielding your skin from obvious UV damage and the deeper effects. Look for a broad-spectrum SPF that protects your skin from UVA and UVB. It also reduces the appearance of dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and premature ageing of the skin. What do you get? An even skin tone, shining beautifully in a healthy glow!
Vitamin C with sunscreen: The Power couple
Now you know the power of two products individually, let’s see what happens when these two work together for your skin.
- Improved UV protection: While sunscreen provides a physical barrier against UV rays, vitamin C adds an extra barrier layer by neutralising free radicals generated by UV exposure. The dual action minimises the damage caused by the sun and promotes healthier skin.
- Collagen boosting: Vitamin C sunblock works better for collagen synthesis. Vitamin C improves collagen production directly, and sunscreen protects the present collagen from degradation caused by UV exposure. The duo promotes firmer and more youthful-looking skin together.
- Bright and even skin tone: Ascorbic acid in vitamin C is known for brightening the skin and reducing spots and hyperpigmentation. Vitamin C sunscreen prevents the formation of new dark spots and enhances the effectiveness of SPF in maintaining even skin tone.
- Reduced chances of premature skin ageing: Vitamin C for sun protection is an ultimate anti-ageing protector. While vitamin C works on fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots, SPF focuses on further damage from UV rays. This slows down the ageing process and maintains the skin’s youthful glow.
Using Vitamin C with SPF in your skincare routine
There are many ways to incorporate the power couple into your skincare routine.
- Apply a vitamin C serum in the morning, followed by a broad-spectrum SPF of at least 30 for the two to work the best for your skin. Make sure you cover all the exposed areas adequately.
- Alternatively, you can apply a vitamin C moisturiser with extracts of natural ingredients like orange, lemon, and Kakadu plum, which are rich in ascorbic acid. After using the moisturiser, apply a sunscreen suitable for your skin type.
- If you are using a cream with vitamin C and moisturiser, do apply sunscreen when stepping out in the sun. Sunscreen is a non-negotiable product when it comes to sun protection.
- Another way is to use a vitamin C sunscreen that brings the benefits of both SPF and vitamin C in a tube. What else should you be asking for?
How are you incorporating the duo into your skincare routine? Confused? Find your perfect combination of SPF and vitamin C with Lotus Herbals, which brings you different products of the power couple. Whether it is a moisturiser with SPF, sunscreen with vitamin C, or all packed in other products, Lotus Herbals is committed to providing you with what your skin deserves the best.
Say goodbye to dullness, sun damage, and premature skin ageing – the dynamic duo of vitamin C and SPF by Lotus Herbals is here to revolutionize your skincare regimen.